"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Friday, November 15, 2013

Earlier in the week S told me that she wishes that she could be a shopkeeper (I love that she used that term) when she gets older. I told her that was a great idea and I asked her what kind of shop she would have. She said, "ooh I would fill it with things that I make! Better yet, I would have a bookstore. I would put all the books that I'm going to write in it!" Ever since she told me that she has been planning the grand opening of her "bookstore." It was never really a question (in her mind) if this would actually happen or not, she has just been counting the days until it did. So, with a little imagination, a $5 can of bubble gum pink (I kid you not) reject paint from Walmart and a really nice employee at Sears who was so graciously willing to hop into the dumpster to retrieve two of the largest boxes that he could find, I will now present to you the newly opened, and much anticipated, Sunny's Books! I did most of the decorating after she went to bed (all the other supplies I had on hand), but left a lot of it undone so that she will be able to add as much of her own creativity to it that she would like. She wants to haul it out to the front yard and SELL her books! lol She does inspire me!! I think she will be surprised and delighted in the morning. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment