"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wednesday, November 27, 2013


S had her Thanksgiving feast at school today. I was lucky enough to join in on the fun.
 Later in evening she told me that she thinks that I'm "the most awesomest mom ever."
 That my friends is most definitely something that I can be thankful for. 
I can count my many blessings, and often do, but she will always be at the top of my list. 

So, here is a Sunny story to make you Smile...

Just the other day, S told me that all the girls in her class were saying what their favorite color was and all of them said pink. When it was her turn she said that her favorite color is orange. One of her little friends looked at her and said, "ew, orange?" To that Sunny replied, "well yeah, I don't want to be just like everyone else you know.

Now tonight she tells me, "I just don't understand why everyone thinks pink is a girl color. I mean orange is the color of the place where the bees pollinate the flower. And even the bees are sometimes kind of orange. Orange is the color of the sun! So why does everyone like pink so much?"

Yes, I am very thankful for my girl and how she makes me smile!

Just one more thing before you go...

A school friend of mine started something pretty amazing 16 years ago and in the last two years, thanks to fb, it has really taken off with wings of it's own. If you would like to take part in (International!) Random Acts of Kindness Day on December 1st, check out the link to her open event. Really, just be kind every day and the universe will thank you!

2 comments:

  1. It's been a very long time since my last comment, much too long ; but Sunny's always more and more beautiful. Yes our daughters are top of the list! I love the "orange" story. How right she is. And she's also very nice all clad in green!
    Thank you for sharing the December 1st kindness.
    Have a beautiful and kind week end.
    Amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amelie! I have not been a very good blogger the last six months or so, it is nice to find a comment here! You are very kind. I have always found your blog to be beautiful and your daughter as well, she has a beauty all her own. I think we blog for similar reasons...to keep a running journal of sorts for when they are older. It is a wonderful thing to do. Blessings to you and yours!

      Delete