"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wood Peg Dolls and Felt Village






I stayed up way too late the other night to work on this just to surprise Sunny in the morning. It was so worth it to see her smile! I had made the pink flower, tree, and three figures. When she saw them she loved it but asked me if she drew another flower would I make it for her. So, the lotus flower and lily pad are Sunny's design! I simply looked at her drawing and worked from there! The next day, I made more felt toys for S. I added a mushroom home for her gnome, a cottage, a little Dutch girl, and an Aussie boy just for kicks. So happy with how these turned out!

I found all of these ideas on Pinterest (check out my Pinterest board Wood Peg Dolls for links.) Some look just like the pegs that I found, others are only similar to them. Of course the lily pad and lotus flower are Sunny's ideas! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment