"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Spring Walk


 


















 
 





finally,  the exit!
her reward :)
It felt really good to get out today and take some pictures, it's been too long. The sun was shining and it was the perfect temperture for a day like today. It's almost too bad that I have to fess up to getting us briefly lost. To be fare on myself, I didn't really get us lost, just turned around a bit. After all, we never left the path. However, a path in snow and mud can look a lot different then when it is clear of such things. So we ended up over shooting the exit by a far bit, and we walking much, much farther then we had intended to. Sunny was a trooper for the most part, walking the whole while. She was pretty happy though to finally see the break in the trees and was pleasantly rewarded with time enough to swing. By the time we got out of the woods, my boots were covered in mud and my socks were soaking wet. Sunny's were the same but she never said a word. I only discovered how miserable she must have been (I know that I was) after we got home and she took her boots off. Next time, I think, I should perhaps be better prepared for the elements. We are looking forward to more spring walks, with hopefully, less snow and more blooming colors.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment