"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wednesday, May 7, 2014


An Ode to Sunny on Her Birthday (May 8th)

She's a spunky, happy girl
she has long blond hair with lots of curl
she loves to sing, dance, and twirl
with a spark in her eye
and a skip in her step
I can't tell a lie...
I feel so blessed to call her mine.

If only you could see
the way she bounces into school
always a smile on her face
eager to make new friends
any time, any place.

She's one smart cookie
with a million dollar smile
she finally lost her first tooth
though it took a long while!

She has a love for nature and playing outside
she still loves her fairies, oh my!
she waits and waits
just for the chance to see them fly
there's no doubt that she believes
it's there, the magic in her eyes
the way that they twinkle
the way that they shine.

She's sweet, she's funny
she's one of a kind
she's creative, competitive, and confident

stubborn, with a strong mind
she's sassy with a sprinkle of spice
she tries really, really hard to be nice

She loves her friends
there's no doubt about that
she's a leader through and through
she's always there to help
to put a smile on their face
she is beautiful, thoughtful, and filled with grace.

She is the love of our lives
the reason for the sun, moon, and stars
our cup runneth over...
we feel so blessed to call her ours.

Today I will snuggle my five year old girl
I will squeeze her, tease her, tickle her
and hope for a kiss.
I will forever remember
what makes her who she is today...

for tomorrow our baby girl
is finally turning SIX!!!

Happy Birthday Sunny!

Love and kisses
Mom & Dad


Note: So I know that I'm not a poet but that's kinda not the point. I'm sharing my love for my daughter with you...even more importantly, I'm sharing it with her. I'm forming new traditions with a poem and photo each year (remember last years?) I just happen to believe that if it might put a smile on someone's face, why not share it with the world? 


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment