"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mama & Daughter Painting

"Eventually I discovered for myself the utterly simple prescription for creativity: be intensely yourself. Don't try to be outstanding; don't try to be a success; don't try to do pictures for others to look at - just please yourself." - Ralph Steiner
 
If S looks a bit crabby in this photo it is because this was taken right before she had to clean the playroom up. 
It is true, she wasn't very pleased with me!
Our mama & daughter painting is finally finished! Just so you know, this wasn't about making a great piece of art. It was something for me and Sunny to do together that happened to be fun AND a learning exercise. Sunny put down the colors/paint for the sails but wanted me to paint the rest. I took plenty of direction from her though, which is the way I wanted it to be. This was more her painting than mine. She drew most of the sea creatures, the castle in the sky and had final say on color, placement, and even the quote that we used. I simply painted what she drew on the board (we used an old small door.) I think it was fun for her to see that with just a bit of color what her line drawings can look like. I would definitely try this again sometime with her!
 
This might be my favorite part of mine and Sunny's painting so far! 
She drew both the octopus and turtle and I painted them : )
And yes, I bet you are wondering about that hair! S had crazy hair day at school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment