"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Road Trip: Lake, Cave, and Nature Hike






  We stopped to check out a campground in the area. I had been there when I was much younger
 and I think we may go back to bring S on her very first camping trip!

 
 

S thought the bats were "cute." They still freak me out. 
Hubby thought that this one might being carrying her babies, what do you think?

      The cave was an adventure for sure. Well it was fun, I'm afraid that photographing it 
(basically a bunch of rock) can prove to be rather dull.




Searching for treasures!

  
 











   


  S was pretty funny when we went to Crystal Cave. The guide had mentioned at the beginning of the tour that she would be needing some guides to help her along the way, as soon as she was done talking and asked if there were any questions, S ran up to her and said with all the confidence in the world, "excuse me, could I be the guide please?" she led the tour for most of the hour! And every single time after that when the guide would ask, "does anyone have any questions?" everyone was quiet except for S, she would pipe up right away, "excuse me! I have a question..." and at the very end of the tour, when the guide asked if there were any final questions, she said (again) "excuse me, um...I thought the rocks that sparkled were really pretty!" I think she may have stole the show!

 
Also, I'm going to take advantage of my mama bragging rights for just a minute. All children in MN have to do a screening to make sure they are ready for kindergarten. Basic development is covered, such as, cognitive, motor, social-emotional & self-help skills. Yesterday S had her kindergarten screening, and she did outstanding! They said she would have passed for the next age group. In two out of three areas that she was tested in she was above twice the average for her age (in the third, she met the average.). I honestly have no idea where her smarts come from. I like to think we have armed her with a healthy sense of adventure and curiosity, above that it's all a mystery to me! I think our girl is ready for her biggest adventure yet, kindergarten. :)

xo 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment