"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Sunday, June 16, 2013

 
I'm a bit late in posting this, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Father's Day.
Hubby has been gone on his two week annual military training, so we weren't able to spend the day with him. Yesterday, S said to me, "since Papa won't be here for father's day, um...Mom, would you be happy to go to Opa's grave? He was your dad after all." lol I love that kid. 

She got her wish today...

 
 My mom put those gorgeous flowers on Dad's grave and the smaller bouquet of daisies is from S. 
 We usually go out to lunch after we visit my dad's grave, so we did that also.
S was so excited that her favorite singer was at the restaurant today...

 She danced to all of his songs and he sang three in a row adding her name into each song! 
He was gracious enough to pose for a picture with her and he even gave her a guitar pick. 

She is one lucky little girl!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment