"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Sunday, April 7, 2013





I wonder if S would have left the house like this had she been given the chance.
Next time I will think to ask. :)


  The photos above of Sunny inspired me to start a mixed-media painting, a collaberation of sorts with S.
I've been itching to paint again for a while, but let's face it, at the end of the day the last thing I feel like doing is making an even bigger mess around me. The time had come though, and I stayed up late the other night to start this collage/painting and I was so happy that I had. I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to stay up late painting and listening to music. This is the first painting that I have done in almost 20 years (I know! Crazy, right?) so I have no idea how it will turn out, but I know in my heart that's not the important thing. What's important is that I'm doing it to begin with and that S is a part of the process. I guess we wait and see how it turns out!

Hope you had a relaxing weekend!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment