"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Canopy


I spent an hour or so this weekend, making this canopy to hang above Sunny's bed. It was super easy to make and I didn't spend a penny! I used half of a large embroidery hoop (the other half I had used last year on the circus tent/carousel that I made for S for her birthday) and an old pair of sheer curtains from Pottery Barn, some shimmery orange fabric as an overlay on the curtains (you can't really see it in this photo) and some heavy string. That's pretty much it! I know that you can find similar canopies on Pinterest that you use a hula hoop instead of an embroidery hoop. I didn't have one on hand, and even though the embroidery hoop might not be as strong, it was easier for me because it opens up with a few screws and you can slide the curtains right in, no sewing! The only sewing that I did was to attach the sheer sparkly overlay, which I sewed directly onto the curtains. So simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment