"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Barefoot Hike

 




 


  
    
 

 





I took Sunny to one of our favorite parks today. We walked the trails through the woods, which is usually a pretty good hike for us. I hadn't really planned on walking all the way through this time so being that neither one of us like wearing our shoes when it's nice out, we were barefoot. It wasn't a bad hike, the dirt felt good under our toes. It was when we came out of the woods and started walking through the dried leaves and rough grass that my feet started to hurt. By the time we got to the car, I needed my shoes. S didn't complain at all...she was barefoot for the rest of the day. I however, felt like I had a hundred burning needles stabbing me on the bottoms of my feet.
 I don't regret it though, in a month (when it gets cold) I will be begging to be barefoot again. :)


Besides, who could possibly complain when surrounded by trees that look like that?

xo
                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment