"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tree House and Trees

 











So excited to share with you the craft that I made for my little one yesterday!  
My husband says, "Yeah, I like it...but WHERE are you going to put it?" Ha, ha, ha, silly man, he should know me better than that by now! It's a bit like a shoe addiction, there is always room to store my creative urges! :P

Sunny has been playing with this like crazy. She is really enjoying the trees the most I think. 
I would eventually like to make a felt floor mat with a river and a small hill on it for inside play, so that her fairies can have their own little fairy land, so to speak. Perhaps a shelf inside and a ladder too.

This was actually really easy to make. The most challenging part was cutting through the thick cardboard (especially those windows!) I had almost everything on hand for this already. The few things that I bought were: the two stands for the trees, the moss, the wooden knobs (painted to look like mushrooms) and the leaves for the trees. I don't think that I spent much more than twenty dollars. The industrial size cardboard tube I found in my mom's garage, so I have no idea where you would get one, perhaps the hardware store? The bark and two branches that I used for the trees, came from our fallen tree earlier this summer. Here is a picture of what I started with...

Hope you like it! 

xo
        

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful play space you have created here! I see many hours of creative play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maryanne! With the addition of the reversible mat (lake on one side, road/trail on the other) she has had a whole new fairy village for her fairies and animals to explore! The stories that she has been making up while she plays are such fun to listen to. :)

      Delete