"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nature Walk

 




(How many squirrels can you spot in this photo?)






The quote above I found on Pinterest.
I suppose that I could of written it about myself, but I didn't. 
I do think it is lovely, whoever may have written it.

We had a full day today. The little one had a birthday party to go to in the early aftnoon. Three and a half hours of me watching her play with other kiddos. It's always worth it though to watch her interact and connect with other children. After the party we went home for a bit of a rest, snack, and a board game. Trying my hardest to ditch all of my other responsibilities of the day (eh, housework) I asked her what else she wanted to do. 
So off to the trails we went. We had a nice nature walk before dinner, ending the day on a perfect note. 

She's always so proud of her pieces of nature that she collects to take home with us. 
Spying a pop of color down a dirt path that we might not have taken otherwise, always gets her curious to explore. 
I don't know what the pod looking plant is called (milkweed?) we just always call them fairy beds because when you break them open, the insides are super soft. And all fairies need soft beds to sleep in, right?

I'm curious, what do you and your little ones like to collect while on walks?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment