"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Saturday, April 14, 2012










I get carried away sometimes with my editing. I'm using PicMonkey now instead of PicNik. 
As you can see, I've been experimenting with different filters. It's a learning process, and that's okay. The pictures that I take don't have to be perfect for me to want to share them. Sometimes I get it completely wrong, and that's okay too. All of these pictures were taking on the same day, on a walk to the lake to feed the duckies, and yet to me, the top photos seem so much lighter, and less moody, than that of the bottom set.







It seems I have been so busy lately. I get overwhelmed sometimes with the amount of daily responsibilities and choirs that need to be done, I end up feeling like I may never get on top of things again. That is how I am feeling with blogging at the moment. There have been such sweet comments left for me here, and I haven't responded to them only because I haven't had the time or energy to do so. I want to say so much sometimes, yet can't seem to find the words of a simple thank you. I will return to commenting on blogs, I just need a little rest at the moment.

I do hope to get out a bit more now that spring seems to have arrived early. The trees and flowers are blooming everywhere I turn. We have been waiting all winter to head into the woods to watch the flowers bloom and the trees turn green. There is so much new life everywhere, I want to take it all in until I'm overflowing with it's beauty. I want to breathe in the fresh air and sit in the sunshine. I want to walk barefoot through the woods and dip my toes in the waters edge. Most importantly though, I want S to experience it all along the way. I want her to know just how very important it is to be able to find a sense of peace in nature. I want her to grow up knowing that there is no problem, worry or heartbreak big enough that a walk down a wooded path can't cure, or at the very least, help to ease her wounded spirit. I do place so much of our well being in the arms of nature. Sometimes it carries us on a strong wind, and perhaps tosses us around a bit, but for the most part it is gentle with us and offers us the sounds and songs to set our restlessness at bay. A child needs that I think, to know that outside of their parents, there is room to run free, to explore, to ask questions and to feel that they are part of this wild, crazy, & beauty world around them.

That's what it's all about after all, isn't it?

xox

2 comments:

  1. Nature is indeed kind to us...your words are wise.
    I to have felt the need for rest lately and to just be....
    Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your words and marvel at blossom trees. Such beauty here.

    ReplyDelete