"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Princess Craze (and a Funny Monkey Hat.)




I feel as if this first post of 2012 should be something amazing... yet it is something so simple, a few snapshots from our day. I'm okay with that, that is what this space has come to be to me, a place to share and store our daily moments. Perhaps even more importantly, to see the beauty in them and to cherish the memories that we are making. I can only hope that you share in the beauty also, and that you see what I see.
S and I spent a good amount of time today crafting these sweet wee princesses out of clothespins. (Originally found on Pinterest, tutorial found here. Ours are a bit different do to lack of proper supplies listed in the tutorial.) I've never been much for Disney characters myself, especially when it comes to princess movies and the franchise that follows... but what are you going to do? Her little friend adores them so she has caught the bug. She would rather draw them, craft them, or play with them than sit and watch a movie about them and that is just fine by me. I do think she did a pretty good job on these (just look at that hair :) 
 The funny monkey hat was a gift from her daddy's coworker.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this space might take us in this new year. 
I hope 2012 is treating you all well! 
xo


1 comment:

  1. "I feel as if this first post of 2012 should be something amazing... yet it is something so simple, a few snapshots from our day."

    To me your life is pretty spectacular! A wee person...Who lives with you and loves you and all that...Amazing to me! :)

    I was obsessed with Mickey and now I cringe a little...

    Best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete