"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Friday, September 23, 2011


Sunny the Unicorn.

Monday was the day that started it all, National Talk Like a Pirate Day. I (happily) handed dinner over to my hubby half way through making it when I realized...we needed to be Pirates! What followed was a simple 3 sentence exchange between S and myself at the dinner table. S: "What is tomorrow going to be?" Me: "I don't know, what do you want it to be?" S:"Clown day!" 
That was that. 

So...
This week I ate dinner with a pirate, giggled madly with a clown, witnessed a black cat try to climb our tree, was in awe of a beautiful sweet little fairy, and tried my very best to keep my patience while begging a certain unicorn for "just one more" picture. It was a good week to be mama, indeed.
and...
The three most important things that I learned this week:
1. You don't have to spend a lot of $ (or any for that matter, my total this week on S's costumes was less $1...nylon's for the fairy wings that we made.) or bring them anywhere fancy schmancy, you just have to have fun and use a little imagination.
2. Everything could/should/would have been SO much more fun with sparkles. yes, sparkles! Therefor, I need to stock up on glitter and sequins.
3. When your child asks, "so, what is tomorrow going to be?" Just say Tuesday! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment