"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Thursday, August 25, 2011

This is my dad as just a young child, of maybe 4 years old. 
Today marks the 10 year anniversary of his passing. 
Someone said to me today, "He seemed like such a gentle soul." Kind words indeed. 
That isn't however what comes to mind when I think of him. True, he had a bit of a soft side, but he was reserved in showing it. Words that may better describe my dad might be, headstrong and loyal. I can't pretend that we always understood each other, but I do like to think that towards the end of his life (he was sick for 18 years before his passing) we came to a quiet acceptance of one another. 
He was a talented man and a dedicated one as well. It was hard to have front row seats in watching his gradual decline, but along with that, came time enough for forgiveness. I pray his soul is at peace...
that somewhere he is trout fishing with his old fishing buddies up in the sky. 
I do miss him dearly at times.
xo

 My dad with his parents.
Before I received this picture a few months ago, I had no idea what
my grandpa even looked like. He passed away very shortly after my birth.

1 comment:

  1. Old photos like these cause me to pause and ponder the speed of life. Beautiful photos. Hugs to you as you remember your father. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete