"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Monday, May 23, 2011

 Today is my birthday. 
I'm entering the last year that I will spend in my 30's. I'm not certain how I feel about that yet, but I will try to embrace my life's journey with joy and a sense of calm. That is me in the picture. It's not the most flattering of pictures of me by far, but there is something about it that, dare I say, I kind of like. It certainly shows my flaws, and my life long struggle with humidity and unruly hair that I may never tame. That aside, I think what strikes a chord with me most about this photo, is how much I look like my mother. There is a photo of her that I absolutely love, where she has her hand resting on her forehead just as I'm doing here. I count my blessings daily that I have such an amazing woman to call my mom. So I will embrace this photo of myself and I will willingly share it here with you. Wishing you all the beauty that the day has to offer.
May you embrace it, cherishing its flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment